It may sound tiring to explore but its worth to see the historical places which molded the history of our town.
The place got its name from a tree called "Hamindang" which grow abundantly in the community. This tree grows plentifully along the banks of the river during early days of history.
In the year 1744, Jamindan was made a Municipal District by then Governor Don Joaquin Dominguez. He then appointed Abao Dungon the native chieftain as the first Captain. Many distinguished leaders were reappointed after Dungon, but the most popular of them all was Kapitan Manuel Orocio who during his reign paved the way in making Jamindan into a municipality in the year 1804.
| || |
Jamindanganons are to:
4. Develop and promote tourist attraction/destination.
5. Attract and encourage investors.
6. Attain a well-informed, healthy, disciplined and empowered citizenry.
7. Live in atmosphere of peace, harmony and justice.
8. Empower competent and committed leaders to participatory governance.
A God loving,progressive